Friday, October 12, 2012

Observation

On Monday, I visited my classmate in her practicum classroom, K-1 setting. The student profiles are short narratives of what I learned about the students from my observations of them. It's so late. I need to go to bed soon. I've been having problems falling asleep at night. I will update this entry after my visit.

I had a chance to visit Bolton Primary School. It's is a small school with excellent resources; it's amazing place to learn even in a public school setting. It must be nice to be located in a middle-class neighborhood. I learned that they support the whole child philosophy. The school believe in risk-taking. They do teach about what is safe play. Though, when I observed during morning and lunch recess, some of the kids are doing things that are considered unsafe in some other public schools. For example, I saw a boy climbing over a fence (low) which divided the black top area from the natural play area. They have two cool club houses that many of the kids seemed to enjoy. They have the whole playground and the garden to run around in.

No comments:

Post a Comment