Saturday, October 6, 2012

Feeling Overwhelmed

I can't believe a month has gone by since I last blogged here. I'm mid-way through with my Positive Classroom course. There are so many assignments going on that I do feel overwhelmed. I can only do one assignment at a time. I know I'll be fine.

Anyways, two weeks ago, I started my second course this term and it's ESOL methods (elementary level). So far, I find what I'm learning in that course very fascinating. I can relate because I was an ELL (English language learner) student. English is my second language but however, it's my primarily language that I best communicate. So many stories but I won't share them today.

Here is a poem so true about teachers:

Just a Teacher (~Author Unknown)

Today I was a nurse binding a hurt with the white bandage of compassion,
A doctor healing a small broken world,
A surgeon suturing a friendship together.

Today I was an alchemist seeking gold in base metals,
A scientist answering endless whys,
A philosopher pondering elusive truths.

Today, I was an entertainer, refreshing young minds with laughter,
A fisherman dangling learning as a bait,
A pilot guiding youth away from ignorance.

Today, I was a general campaigning against intolerance,
A Lawyer speaking out for brotherhood,
A juror weighing right and wrong.

Today, I was a philanthropist sharing the might of the past,
A mother wholly giving love,
A humble follower of truth.

Mine are such varied occupations.
How can they know me?
Just a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment