Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Brainstorming about my Career

I got an A in Positive Classroom class. I'm still waiting on my ESOL methods class. However, I did really well in the Literacy Development Strategies presentation with my partner so it's an A. Even my instructor wrote that she noticed how well my partner and I worked together.

I just met with my advisor. Next term, I'm taking the Descriptive Linguistics and Adolescent Development classes. I needed the development class as part of my professional core. So I should graduate by the end of summer term 2013.

I still don't know what I'm going to do with my non-teaching M.Ed degree. Though, I will enjoy studying courses I get to pick out from now on. Do I want to go back to the teaching route? I'm going back and forth now. Before Spring term incident with me dropping a course, I was so black and white about me becoming a teacher. Now, the last few weeks, I noticed there are different needs that I can work with children. I need a career that fits me and make me feel like I'm contributing to society. I think I'm reflecting more these last couple months at my after school job. Over the years, I have worked with children with special needs and English Language Learners (ELL). This year is my sixth year that I've worked at the ExAcademy program; it's only a part-time job. I know I enjoy working with children in small groups and one-to-one situations. What can I do? I enjoy working with children with special needs (higher functioning of course), learning disabilities and ELLs. What kind of career can I go into working full time?

The Marylhurst Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment