Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thanks to my supportive friends

Yesterday I went out to see a movie, "Life as We Know It" with my best friend, Sarah G. When I told her about my news about going back to school, she jumped on board and right away was so pride of me. She said, "I could always see you as a school teacher. I'm so glad that you're going after your dreams." By the way, the movie was funny and getting a real glimpse of what new parenthood is like.

As the title says on this blog, I am grateful for friends who are supportive of my endeavors going off to grad school especially during these tough economical times. In the next 5 or 10 years from now, many of the baby boomers will retire from teaching. There will be a lot of teaching spots open. I see it when I go to grad school next year, it'll be an investment.

Still, I will try to seek out outside scholarships and grants to help finance my education and not take out too much student loans. I still have my undergrad student loans to pay off. Grad school is quite pricey. If you know any free money or someone who really to invest in my education, let me know. God is the provider and I will trust that it will all work out. If God is directing you in anyway to help me, thank you. It doesn't have to be financially. You can emotional support me too.

Going off to graduate school is a big adventure. With God, family and friends' help, I will learn and grow and within a couple years from now, I'll be a licensed elementary teacher.

1 comment: