Thursday, August 8, 2013

Last Class Finally Done and Portfolio Presentation Follow-Up

Today I emailed my instructor my final assignments for my summer course. I'm so done! Wow, I finally completed my graduate work. Yeah!

This morning I met with my adviser for half an hour. This meeting was to follow up/feedback of my portfolio presentation last Thursday. I received "Excellent" in the three standards: mission for Social Justice, professionalism and clinical practice.

Highlights:

1. Mission for Social Justice: Stacey is well aware of the necessity (and understands it) for acting in a culturally responsive manner.

2. Professionalism: Building community--including the value of caring for others and their journey. This is an area (professionalism) that [she] continues to develop. She has a very thoughtful approach.

3. Clinical Practice: Current After School Program position, prior Field Experience placement, and service learning experience/project supported this area. These experiences have helped her determine her next goals. [There are} big learning moments: becoming an advocate for ELL students and teaching self-advocacy skills. Will support continued learning through next steps--volunteer work with adolescents.

There is room for improvement and my adviser provided me some suggestions. I won't share those since it's for me to work on. Finally, I finish this entry with my adviser's comments: "Thank you Stacey for sharing this journey with us! You have grown tremendously these past two years and I am very proud of you!" Just hearing these words is very encouraging to me. Sharing my adviser's comments showcase how awesome she is. I had a couple good advisers in my life but Lynne is the tops.

Yes, I finally accomplish another big milestone in my life. I'm off to explore and learn now.

No comments:

Post a Comment